Update March 24, 2020 – 10:30 AM

To the PKBGT Community,

With the continued impact and spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), our foundation board has extended the PKBGT suspension of operations till May 1st.  The suspension impacts all PKBGT national and regional events scheduled between March 14 – April 27.

As with those impacted in your own communities, these closures have a profound impact on our organization.  We are working to reschedule events when possible and to guarantee that when resumption of group activities is prudent per health official guidelines, we will have a first rate product to offer for the girls.  We know they are itching to return to normalcy competing on the course and we look forward to the day we can tee it up again soon!

CURRENTLY AFFECTED EVENTS IN MARCH & APRIL
All players registered in affected events will be contacted by tournament staff about their options.  The tour will review rescheduling options for affected events and will provide additional correspondence at a later time.  Currently, four events have been rescheduled:

  • North Carolina Series @ Longleaf G & FC – Sun, May 31
  • Mid-Atlantic Girls Championship @ Musket Ridge – Sat-Sun, June 6-7
  • Carolina’s Classic @ Carolina Trace CC – Mon-Tue, July 6-7
  • Commonwealth Classic @ Lake Monticello – Sat-Sun, July 11-12

EVENTS SCHEDULED IN MAY

Registration will remain open for events that take place during May. Players will be able to waitlist for these events without paying an entry fee.  Once the event is confirmed for operation, we will allow players to pay their entry fee to participate based on the order the entry request was received.  This means you can hold a spot in the tournament without paying an entry fee until the tournament is confirmed to be conducted.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html for updates and to your local health departments for guidance on how to stay safe in these uncertain times.

Mike Parker, PKBGT Tour Director

 


 

Update March 16, 2020 – 9:30 AM

Do to the continuing spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and recommendations from the CDC, we have extended our suspension of tournament operations till April 6th to align with other golf associations.  Players registered for an effected event will be contacted directly by tour staff.  We do not know when a resumption of tournaments will be possible and will keep this feed updated as more information becomes available.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html for updates and to your local health departments for guidance on how to stay safe in these uncertain times.

Mike Parker, PKBGT Tour Director

 


 

Update March 12, 2020 – 10:30 PM

To the PKBGT Community,

We understand the high anxiety and concern all have regarding the impact and spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).

Based on additional information and guidance from both the LPGA Foundation and our partners, at this time, the tournaments of the Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour are postponed effective immediately.  This includes all events scheduled for the weekends of March 14-15 and March 22-23.

We will continue to assess whether the suspension should be extended.  All players registered in affected events will be contacted by tournament staff about options and refunds.  The tour will review rescheduling options for affected events and will provide additional correspondence at a later time.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html for updates and to your local health departments for guidance on how to stay safe in these uncertain times.

Mike Parker, PKBGT Tour Director

 


 

Posted March 11, 2020

Along with the entire junior golf community, we are closely monitoring all available information related to the continued spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).  We are in contact with our association partners and host facilities to determine appropriate plans moving forward.

The well being of all involved with the PKBGT is of the utmost importance.   We are strengthening normal health and safety protocols to ensure greater protections are in place for all involved at our events.

At this time, we plan to conduct our upcoming tournament schedule as posted.  We will continue to review our schedule and operations based on CDC and WHO recommendations, and make or communicate timely updates as necessary.

— Amended Withdrawal Policy —

Due to the uncertainty surrounding travel and events, we have modified our withdrawal policy for players currently registered for upcoming events.  Affected players or families wishing to withdrawal from an upcoming event will be granted a 100% credit of the tournament fees to their PKBGT account for use in a future event.  This withdrawal must be made prior to the tee times of the event being set.

If an event was to be postponed due to the state or local referendum, all players will be granted 100% compensation for tournament entry fees.

— Covid-19 Resources —