During the 2021 season, following an evaluation by the PKBGT Executive Committee of the PKBGT Classifications, Exemptions & Age Protocols, under-age players for the PKBGT National Series were granted a process by which to apply for participation in specific Futures National events. In all, 5 tournaments were selected for inclusion under this policy.
Since 2007, the Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour has continually evolved to provide the best possible experience for our membership. From the creation of the Prep division in 2014 to the creation of the Regional Series in 2016, our goal is to provide a competitive environment that meets the needs of all our members. Since we do not use traditional age divisions, but yardage and skill based divisions, having clear metrics that allow players to properly move through the competitive pathway is very important.
We are excited to announce multiple opportunities for elite under-age players to compete in a competitive, nationally ranked environment in 2022!
The 2021-22 Futures National Series will again feature select events for under-age players to apply for participation. Additionally, the PKBGT has added a new National Championship event which will offer a 10-11 age division. Please see the information below for qualification criteria and schedules:
FUTURES NATIONAL PARTICIPATION WAIVERS FOR ELITE LEVEL UNDER-AGE PLAYERS
- The PKBGT will offer select Futures National fields during the PKBGT National season that will offer limited access to elite 10 & 11 year old girl golfers who do not meet the age requirement for Classification 3 status.
- Elite is defined by a top 10 finisher in the U.S. Kids World Championship or other nationally recognized 12 & under championship as determined by the PKBGT Tour Committee.
- Eligible events will be labeled on the tournament page as a “Futures National Exempt” event and players will be able to apply for a sponsor exemption into these fields. The PKBGT Tour Committee will have sole discretion on the number of under-age exemptions available and the recipients of these exemptions.
- Under-age exempt players may play up to 3 exempt events listed below.
- To apply for an exemption, email Tour Director Mike Parker with your player resume and which events you would like to be considered for.
- 2021-22 Futures National Series Exempt Event Schedule (subject to change)
- February 26-27, 2022 – Orange Whip Girls Classic @ Clemson University Walker Course, Clemson, SC
- March 12-13, 2022 – Katherine Perry Hamski Girls Tradition @ UNC Finley GC, Chapel Hill, NC
- April 30-May 1, 2022 – PKBGT Masters presented by Aunt Ruby’s Peanuts @ Greenville CC, Greenville, NC
- May 14-15, 2022 – Kandi Comer Girls Classic @ Orchard Creek GC, Waynesboro, VA
- June 4-5, 2022 – Lexington Girls Classic @ Kearney Hill Golf Links, Lexington, KY
- July 18-19, 2022 – Precision Girls Championship @ Bryan Park GC (Champions), Greensboro, NC
PKBGT/NB3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP – 10/11 AGE DIVISION
- New for 2022 is the addition of the PKBGT/NB3 Girls National Championship featured with a 2-hour show on the Golf Channel! Players qualify for the National Championship event, to be held at Coushatta Resort in Kinder, Louisiana on November 3-5, 2022
- The 10-11 Age Division will play approximately 4.700 yards with caddies mandatory. A players age is based on your age as of May 1, 2022 for the 2022 championship year.
- Regional & Local qualification schedule is available here.
- Players with national or PKBGT Performance Index rankings may be exempt into Regional Qualifying. To check your status, click here.