Since 2021, the PKBGT Executive Committee, in evaluating our PKBGT Classifications, Exemptions & Age Protocols, has offered high performing underage players a process by which to compete in national level competition through the PKBGT. The system is not designed as a way for younger players to “play up” but an effort to provide elite, high performing 10 & 11 year old’s whose skill has rendered the current 9-hole and local/regional tournaments available to them based on their age not appropriate for their development.
The Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour has continually evolved to provide the best possible experience for our membership. From the creation of the Prep division in 2014 to the creation of the Regional Series in 2016, our goal is to provide a competitive environment that meets the needs of all our members. Since we do not use traditional age divisions, but yardage and skill based divisions, having clear metrics that allow players to properly move through the competitive pathway is very important.
We are excited to announce multiple opportunities for elite under-age players to compete in a competitive, nationally ranked environment in 2024!
The 2024 Futures National Series will again feature select events for underage players to apply for participation.
Additionally, the PKBGT/NB3 Girls National Championship and Regional Qualification Series which will offer a 10-11 age division. Please see the information below for qualification criteria and schedules:
FUTURES NATIONAL PARTICIPATION WAIVERS FOR ELITE LEVEL UNDERAGE PLAYERS
- The PKBGT will offer select Futures National fields during the PKBGT National season that will offer limited access to elite 10 & 11 year old girl golfers who do not meet the age requirement for Classification 3 status.
- Elite is defined by a top 10 finisher in the U.S. Kids World Championship or other nationally recognized 12 & under championship as determined by the PKBGT Tour Committee.
- Eligible events will be labeled on the tournament page as a “Futures National Underage Exempt” event. Players will be able to apply for a sponsor exemption into these fields. The PKBGT Tour Committee will have sole discretion on the number of under-age exemptions available and the recipients of these exemptions.
- To apply for an exemption, please visit the Underage Exemption Player Request Form to submit your participant resume.
- Questions about the Underage Exemption program should be sent to Tour Director Mike Parker.
- 2024 Futures National Series Exempt Event Schedule (subject to change)
- March 9-10, 2024 – Katherine Perry Hamski Girls Tradition @ Bryan Park GC (Players), Greensboro, NC
- April 6-7, 2024 – Mid-Atlantic Girls Championship @ Worthington Manor GC, Urbana, MD
- April 20-21, 2024 – PKBGT Masters @ Greenville CC, Greenville, NC
- April 27-28, 2024 – Kandi Comer Girls Classic @ Orchard Creek GC, Waynesboro, VA
- May 25-27, 2024 – PKBGT Open Championship @ Country Club of Salisbury, Salisbury, NC
- Summer 2024 – Precision Girls Championship @ Bryan Park GC (Champions), Greensboro, NC
PKBGT/NB3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP – 10/11 AGE DIVISION
Players do not need a PKBGT Underage Exemption to compete the in the PKBGT/NB3 Girls National Championship featured with a 2-hour show on the Golf Channel! Players qualify for the National Championship event, to be held at Coushatta Resort in Kinder, Louisiana on November 2-4, 2024, through Regional Finals held throughout the country.
- The 10-11 Age Division will play approximately 4.700 yards with caddies mandatory. A players age is based on your age as of May 1, 2024 for the 2023 championship year.
- Regional & Local qualification schedule is available here.
- Players with national or PKBGT Performance Index rankings may be exempt into a Regional Final. To check your status, click here.