Since 2007, the Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour has continually evolved to provide the best possible experience for our membership. From the creation of the Prep division in 2014 to the creation of the Regional Series in 2016, our goal is to provide a competitive environment that meets the needs of all our members. Since we do not use traditional age divisions, but yardage and skill based divisions, having clear metrics that allow players to properly move through the competitive pathway is very important.
As part of our year-end evaluation of the current policies and needs of the membership, the PKBGT Executive Committee has approved the following adjustments to the PKBGT Classifications, Exemptions & Age Protocols. These changes will take effect January 1, 2021.
DIVISION ELIGIBILTY FOR BELL NATIONAL/PREP PREVIEW DUAL EVENTS
- For events where the Bell National & Prep Preview division are both offered, players who meet the automatic priority entry criteria for the Bell National field are ineligible for the Prep Preview division at that event. PKBGT offers two types of Priority Entry events, PKBGT50 (Top 50 PKBGT Performance Index & Top 500 Junior Golf Scoreboard automatically exempt) and PKBGT75 (Top 75 PKBGT Performance Index & Top 750 Junior Golf Scoreboard automatically exempt).
CLASS PROMOTION BASED ON ELITE PERFORMANCE
- Automatic Division Promotion to Class 1: Players who win 3 times in the Prep Preview or Prep Regional division respectively during a season are automatically increased to Class 1 status. The player may petition the tour committee for eligibility in the Prep Series Finale if they have required points to qualify. Players who are in their first or second season of PKBGT age eligibility are exempt from this rule.
- Automatic Division Promotion to Class 2: Players who win 3 times in a specific Futures National or Futures Regional division during a season are automatically increased to Class 2 status. The player may petition the tour committee for eligibility for the Tour Championship/Series Finale if they qualify. Players who are in their first season of PKBGT age eligibility are exempt from this rule.
NATIONAL PARTICIPATION WAIVERS FOR ELITE LEVEL UNDER-AGE PLAYERS
- The PKBGT will offer select Futures National fields during the PKBGT National season that will offer limited access to elite 10 & 11 year old girl golfers who do not meet the age requirement for Classification 3 status. Elite is defined by a top 10 finisher in the U.S. Kids World Championship or other nationally recognized 12 & under championship. These events will be labeled on the tournament page as a “Futures National Exempt” event and players will be able to apply for a sponsor exemption into these fields. The PKBGT Tour Committee will have sole discretion on the number of under-age exemptions available and the recipients of these exemptions. The goal of the committee is to create at least one playing opportunity per quarter for these players.
- 2021 Futures National Exempt Event Schedule (subject to change)
- March 13-14, 2021 – Katherine Perry Hamski Girls Tradition @ UNC Finley GC, Chapel Hill, NC
- April 17-18, 2021 – PKBGT Masters presented by Aunt Ruby’s Peanuts @ Greenville CC, Greenville, NC
- May 15-16, 2021 – Dupont Girls Classic @ Dupont CC, Wilmington, DE
- Summer Opportunities TBA
If you have any questions about these changes, please contact Tour Director Mike Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 336-347-8537. We look forward to a great 2021!