Greensboro, NC–The Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour takes on Mid Pines Inn and Golf Club from January 15-17, 2022, for the fifth annual Linville Cup Team Challenge and Leadership Retreat.
The Linville Cup is a weekend of team golf and leadership seminars designed to reward the top players of the 2021 PKBGT in each region. The retreat builds on our motto of “more than a golf tournament” by bringing together members who have excelled in the past year to Pinehurst, the home of American golf, and Pine Needles/Mid Pines GC, the home of our tour namesake.
Mentorship is a major component of the Linville Cup, with multiple opportunities for players to interact with the coaches and staff. We hope that players will take away many life lessons, a stronger sense of confidence, and friendships to build their golfing careers. Our coaches are ex-collegiate golfers as well as women business leaders who share their experiences with the girls. The event provides a unique experience for players to stray away from tournament golf’s individual mentality and compete and develop in a team environment.
Each day leading up to the 5th Linville Cup, we will profile each team and the players that have qualified to represent their region. Each team consists of 8 players who excelled on the PKBGT in 2021; and, therefore, have been chosen to represent their region in the 5th annual Linville Cup. Click Here to see the official Team Rosters for the 2022 Linville Cup.
TEAM MIDDLE ATLANTIC
Team Middle Atlantic is led by mentor coaches Peggy Rendley & Anna Redding.
Participants for Team Middle Atlantic represent the 2021 Order of Merit champions from the Middle Atlantic Regional Series in partnership with the Middle Atlantic PGA in addition to the top Futures National Order of Merit finisher from the 2021 national season.
Team Middle Atlantic is:
- Abigail AVALLONE (Bethesda, MD 2026)
- Ranked 3rd for the Futures Middle Atlantic Series Order of Merit
- Four Top-5 Finishes
- Jordin Christine DE GRAAF (Virginia Beach, VA 2029)
- Discovery Middle Atlantic Series Order of Merit Champion
- Champion at Augustine GC, Shenandoah Valley GC, and Sparrows Point CC
- Addie DOROH (Charlottesville, VA 2025)
- Champion at Greene Hills CC
- Five Top-5 Finishes
- Kanchana DUANGSAM (Haymarket, VA 2026)
- Futures National Order of Merit Runner Up
- Champion at PKBGT MASTERS and Precision Jr. Girls Championships, Eight Top-3 Finishes
- Nirvika KODURU (Ashburn, VA 2030)
- Discovery Middle Atlantic Series Order of Merit Runner Up
- Champion at Argyle CC and Lakeview GC
- Elsie MACCLEERY (Crozet, VA 2025)
- Prep Middle Atlantic Series Order of Merit Champion
- Champion at Lakeview GC, Four Top-5 Finishes
- Kennedy MACCLEERY (Crozet, VA 2027)
- Futures Middle Atlantic Series Order of Merit Runner Up
- Champion at Bowling Greene CC and Greene Hills CC
- Sydney NEOU (Leesburg, VA 2027)
- Futures Middle Atlantic Series Order of Merit Champion
- Champion at Shenandoah Valley GC and Sparrows Point CC
Team Mentor Coaches
Each team consists of 2 mentor coaches who will lead their region in the 5th annual Linville Cup. Click Here to read the official mentor coach announcement for the 2022 Linville Cup.
The Linville Cup is named for PKBGT Tour Founder Robert Linville. Robert is the owner/founder of Robert Linville’s Precision Golf School and co-founder of the PKBGT’s parent foundation, the Triad Youth Golf Foundation, now known as Girls Golf of America. A PGA member for over 30 years, Robert has a passion for developing players and has taught some of the top players to come out of North Carolina in the last 25 years, including current LPGA player and PKBGT Alumnus Katherine Perry. Robert’s passion and energy for developing equity for girls in golf are why the PKBGT has grown to where it is today.
About the Peggy Kirk Bell Girls Golf Tour
The Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour is an initiative of Girls Golf of America, a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation aimed at increasing learning and playing opportunities for youth golfers. Based out of Greensboro, North Carolina, the PKBGT offers affordable, high-quality nationally ranked girls’ golf tournaments designed to prepare junior girls’ golfers for high school and collegiate golf. The PKBGT is the nation’s largest “girls’ only” junior tour with over 1,100+ members in 2021 and 1,100+ girls having played, playing in, or committed to playing collegiate golf. Learn more about the tour at pkbgt.org or by contacting Tour Director Mike Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-347-8537.