Greensboro, NC- The Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour heads to the Palmetto State for the Regional Tournament of Champions hosted at Palmetto Dunes Golf Resort at the Arthur Hills Golf Course in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. In order to be eligible for this prestigious event, participants had to win an event in one of the PKBGT six regional pods. The field consists of players from thirteen states up and down the east coast as well as the commonwealth of Kentucky and the state of Illinois.
In the Prep Preview division, twenty-six players will compete on the 5800 yards par 72 set up.
A rather strong field, numerous players made the jump up to the Bell National division since the conclusion of the regional series schedule. Here’s a few of this talented field to keep an eye on next weekend in HHI.
- Yedam Lee — Lawrenceville, GA — Class of 2021 — #57 on the PKBGT Performance Index, 2x Bell National winner this season
- Abby Franks — Roebuck, SC — Class of 2023 — #66 on the PKBGT Performance Index, Made the cut at the 2020 PKBGT Invitational
- Alice Zou — Potomac, MD — Class of 2022 — #92 on the PKBGT Performance Index, 2 top 3 finishes in 2021 season
- Garland Gould — Raleigh, NC — Class of 2023 — #103 on the PKBGT Performance Index, Winner of the 2020 PKBGT Regional Invitational
Play will begin on Saturday, November 21, at 8:00 AM EST (weather permitting). To view starting times, click here.
In the Futures National division, twenty-eight participants will compete on the 5227 yards par 72 set up.
With no Discovery division, a handful of youngsters will make their debut in the eighteen-hole Futures National division next weekend. Take a look at some of the hottest players going into the weekend prior to Turkey Day.
- Caroline Hawkins — Columbia, SC — Class of 2026 — #139 on the PKBGT Performance Index, winner of the Atlanta Girls Classic
- Rachel Joyce — Quakertown, PA — Class of 2026 — #181 on the PKBGT Performance Index, NC Series Finale Champion, 3rd at PKBGT Regional Invitational
- Kasey Cameron — Richmond, KY — Class of 2024 — #226 on the PKBGT Performance Index, KY Futures Storie Order of Merit Champion
Play will begin on Saturday, November 21, at 9:21 AM EST (weather permitting). To view starting times, click here.
About the PKBGT
Founded in 2007 by Girls Golf of America, a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, a local girls’ golf tour in the Triad region of North Carolina. The tour began as a simple concept: create more effective competitive playing opportunities for girls. By utilizing innovative yardage-based divisions instead of the traditional age-based format, the tour focused on developing tournament experience at the player’s pace. The 2020-21 season will feature over 110 tournaments in 10 states on the East Coast, and with over 1,000 members, the PKBGT is the largest girl’s only tour in the country. Learn more about the PKBGT at http://www.pkbgt.org/.
For complete coverage of the Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour, follow the PKBGT on social media @PKBGirlsTour (Twitter), facebook.com/girlsgolftour (Facebook), @pkbgirlstour (Instagram), or visit our website at www.pkbgt.org.