Greensboro, NC – The Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour is pleased to announce the three recipients of the 2021 Storie Order of Merit for the PKBGT North Carolina Series in partnership with LPGA*USGA Girls Golf. The 2021 North Carolina Series was made up of fifteen events, spanning over six months around the Tar Heel State.
Prep North Carolina
Mary-Paige King (Clemmons, NC 2023) played in ten Prep North Carolina events this season, with three wins in the Series. King recorded a scoring average of 77.43 with a scoring differential of 4.37. Her best single round performance came at the Series Finale at Colonial Country Club with a first round score of 5-under par, 67.
Prep North Carolina Final Rankings – Top 5
- Mary-Paige King (Clemmons, NC 2023) / 155.25 Points
- Ellie Acrey (Winston-Salem, NC 2026) / 127.75 Points
- Mckenzie Weddle (Floyd, VA 2023) / 116.50 Points
- Rachel Joyce (Southern Pines, NC 2026) / 98.50 Points
- Mary Elizabeth Harrison (Cary, NC 2025) / 98.00 Points
Futures North Carolina
Hallie Wilson (Winston Salem, NC 2027) claimed the Futures North Carolina Order of Merit title by 46.25 points. Her consistent play with a scoring average of 75.85 helped keep her at the top of the points standings. Wilson’s low round came at the North Carolina Series @ Bryan Park GC (Players) where she carded a 2-under par, 70.
Futures North Carolina Final Rankings – Top 5
- Hallie Wilson (Winston Salem, NC 2027) / 213.00 Points
- Paige Sidney (Clemmons, NC 2024) / 166.75 Points
- Kelsey Sciacca (Charlotte, NC 2026) / 146.00 Points
- Paige Wilkinson (Raleigh, NC 2024) / 134.00 Points
- Kate Grantham (Pinehurst, NC 2026) / 133.00 Points
Discovery North Carolina
Riley Grimm (Pinehurst, NC 2028) claimed the Discovery North Carolina Order of Merit title by 2 points. She competed in 5 Series events and won 4 out of her 5 events. Grimm scored under par in 4 events and had 2 low round scores of 7-under par, 29.
Discovery North Carolina Final Rankings
- Riley Grimm (Pinehurst, NC 2028) / 88.00 Points
- Adelyn Rosado (Cary, NC 2030) / 86.00 Points
- Ira Joshi (Charlotte, NC 2029) / 68.00 Points
- Minyan Ou (Shelby, NC 2028) / 57.50 Points
- Gabriella Moorehead (Burlington, NC 2027) / 44.50 Points
About the PKBGT
Founded in 2007 by Girls Golf of America, a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, a local girls’ golf tour in the Triad region of North Carolina. The tour began as a simple concept: create more effective competitive playing opportunities for girls. By utilizing innovative yardage-based divisions instead of the traditional age-based format, the tour focused on developing tournament experience at the player’s pace. The 2020-21 season will feature over 110 tournaments in 10 states on the East Coast, and with over 1,200 members, the PKBGT is the largest girl’s only tour in the country. Learn more about the PKBGT at http://www.pkbgt.org/.
For complete coverage of the Peggy Kirk Bell Girls’ Golf Tour, follow the PKBGT on social media @PKBGirlsTour (Twitter), facebook.com/girlsgolftour (Facebook), @pkbgirlstour (Instagram), or visit our website at www.pkbgt.org.